Voting

Friday, September 4, 2009

camping and cabins










I don't have many pictures of our two outings this summer but they were sure a lot of fun! First, the Brems went up to AF canyon for the 24th holiday and found us a perfect clearing to pitch tents, build a fire and play horse shoes and baseball. It was so much fun. Mike and I didn't stay the night, we opted for our nice beds but we went up during the evening two nights in a row. We made tinfoil dinners one night and dutch oven the other...delicious!! We had lots of people come up...the Brems whole clan, the Kelley's, Trav and Steph, Grandma and Grandpa and many others. It was so fun and hopefully we can make a yearly stop. We need to get on the list though to get camping spots for next year that have shade.
Our second out doorsish experience this summer was going with my immediate family to Swisher's family cabin in Idaho. It was so great!! I did complain about the drive but in my defense I was told it was a four hour drive but it was SEVEN and I was eight months pregnant at the time!! Once there it was fabulous. We were all there except Bubby and Jacob who are both in school right now...we missed you!!
It was so much fun to all be together and just chill. If it were closer, the place where his cabin is would be ideal for our family to get a family cabin together. The valley it was in was BEAUTIFUL and it was just perfect. The pool that was just right behind us was the water from the hot springs and let me just say how amazing it felt to my pregnant body. Lea and I could have stayed for hours if it weren't for worrying husbands that thought we were getting the babies in our bellies too hot.

No comments: