Voting

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ten years ago today...

Ten years ago today I can remember pretty much everything about that day.  I was in my parents basement getting ready for work.  My dad had just gone upstairs to get ready himself and he had left the TV on the news channel.  Just as I turned the blow dryer off I heard the anchor man say the north tower had been hit..what?  I ran out to see what he meant and my world as I knew it changed.  That day I was glued to the television and news channels but today as I try to watch the same footage I change the channel.  It happened a decade ago but feels just like yesterday.
There are certain things I learned the weeks following the attack on our country and I wish I could un-learn them.  Words such as Jihad, Taliban, Muslim extremist and those horrible dictators names that planned the attacks are words I would love to not know but are now a part of our every day conversations.
This is the new world I will raise my children in and I accept that and will do my best to raise them with love for their Father in Heaven for blessing us to live in a country as great as this and to live without fear but with faith.
I am so grateful for the servicemen and women who defended us then and continue to now.  I thank their families who live without their loved ones for months on end as they serve tours to keep us and others safe.  I recognize your service and pray for you and your families daily.

No comments: